The following are the requirements that must be met to obtain a Real Estate License in the State of Florida.
Basic Requirements for All Applicants:
- AGE: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: You must have a United States Social Security number to apply. You may visit the Social Security Administration website for information on how to obtain one.
- EDUCATION: Must hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- EXAMINATIONS: The examination is given by Pearson Vue. To Learn more visit the Pearson-Vue website to find a location near you to set up your exam once the application has been approved by the DBPR. The Candidate Information Booklet is a useful source to help guide you through the examination process.
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process. To learn more about fingerprinting, please visit our fingerprint FAQs
Initial Application-Sales Associate License – Florida Resident (Form RE 1)
A sales associate is a person who, for another, and for compensation or in anticipation of compensation, appraises, auctions, sells, exchanges, buys, rents or offers, attempts or agrees to appraise, auction, or negotiate any sale, exchange, purchase, or rental of business enterprises or any real property or any interest in or concerning the same or who advertises the same, but who performs such act under the direction, control, or management of a broker or owner/developer.
- PRE-LICENSE EDUCATION: Must complete and pass a Florida Real Estate Commission approved 63-hour Sales Associate pre-license course. See the list of approved providers. For more information about exemptions from this course, please visit our Real Estate FAQs
- FEE: The fee is $105 which can be paid either by using our Online Services or by personal check or money order.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the “Online Services” link or the “Printable Application” link at the bottom of the page.
If you have questions or need assistance in completing an application, please call the DBPR Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395